Important dates are:
- 22 July 2018: Nominations for National Executive close
- 30 July 2018: Resolutions to amend rules and policy will be notified
- 1 August 2018: Late registrations close*
- 30 September 2018: Annual Conference begins
*Late registrations will still be considered however branches will be responsible for the booking of return travel. Late registrations may close without prior notice.
The 2018 Travel Policy (pdf, 0.1mb) outlines who's eligible for air travel, reimbursement rates and who needs to make the arrangements. Please make sure you view the policy and arrange travel for your attendees, if required.
Branch/Area Council Secretaries will book accommodation for attendees.
It is the attendee's responsibility to ensure they receive a booking confirmation from the chosen hotel.
- All accommodation accounts (room rates only) at the Millennium Hotel, Sudima Hotel, and Novotel Rotorua will be charged to, and paid for by NZEI National Office direct.
- All personal expenses must be paid on checkout.
- Please also check the room configurations when booking with the hotels.
Branch/Area Council secretaries are reminded that representatives should share accommodation.
NZEI Te Riu Roa also has special accommodation arrangements with the Millennium Hotel, Sudima Hotel, and Novotel Rotorua.
NZEI Te Riu Roa has procedures whereby it can recognise those members who have given distinguished or outstanding service to education and / or the Institute.
Members considered for recognition will have conducted themselves in ways that promote and maintain the dignity and welfare of the Institute, advanced the cause of education and reflected their responsibility to learners and the community.
This recognition takes the form of the award of Honours, which are considered by the Honours Committee and made on behalf of the Union by National Executive and then announced at Annual Meeting
- The closing date for recommendations for Honorary Fellow or Life Member is 30 April.
- The closing date for nominations for Associate or Fellow is 30 June.
- Nominations which are incorrect, incomplete or which do not include the necessary referee statements will not be considered by the Honours Committee.
Guide to Accounting
The Guide to Accounting provides guidance on the Annual Conference allowances, GST receipts, and claim forms.
Preparing your Representatives
The Area Council Chairs have developed a short exercise to prepare attendees for Annual Conference.
Additional resources your Representatives will need to be aware of are:
Area Council Session
The Area Council Chairs are leading the Area Council session they have designed during Tuesday afternoon of the conference.
Across Tuesday, attendees will have condensed all of the challenges and opportunities they have identified into their top three challenges. In the Area Council session, you'll be condensing all of these challenges into three big challenges for your Area Council using the Build, Grow, Win framework.
Lead organisers will support this session, as will leaders enlisted by their Area Council Chair. The session plan is intended as a guide, so it can be adapted to suit the needs of members in your region. All of the resources will be supplied on the day, including chart paper, post-it notes, marker pens, and a whiteboard.
Was this page useful?