Annual Meeting | Hui-ā-Tau will be held virtually on Sunday 27 September.
Annual Meeting | Hui-ā-Tau is the highest authority of NZEI Te Riu Roa. The functions of the Annual Meeting | Hui-ā-Tau are to:
- consider the National Executive’s report
- consider the Financial Report, note the Consumer Price Index adjustment to the subscriptions, and consider any further subscription increases needed,
- elect the members of the National Executive,
- debate and determine issues of interest to the Institute, and set Institute policy accordingly
- amend or repeal the rules of NZEI Te Riu Roa
- receive and consider the report from Te Kāhui Whetū
- receive a written report from the National Executive detailing all policy decisions that it or the Institute has made since the previous annual meeting, and
- to debate and determine policy resolutions and rule changes.
30 April - Closing date for recommendations for Honorary Fellow or Life Member 12 June - Registrations Open (note date change) 14 June - Closing date for nominations for Associate or Fellow 27 June - Closing date for the receipt of Resolutions to amend rules or policy 19 July - Nominations for National Officers 2021 - 2022 close 27 July - Registrations Close 27 July - Resolutions to amend rules and policy notified
27 September - Annual Meeting begins
Countdown to Hui-ā-Tau
Pūrongo ā tau (Annual Report)
Pūronga ā Tau is the combined National Executive, Te Reo Areare, and finance reports for 2020.
Pūrongo ā Tau upholds the mana of NZEI Te Riu Roa. It adds to the union’s history by sharing the activities of union members, National Executive and Te Reo Areare over the past 12 or so months.
It also supports National Executive and Te Reo Areare to be accountable and transparent to the members they represent. While Annual Meeting is the highest authority of the Institute, the representatives at Annual Meeting delegate their authority to the National Executive and Te Reo Areare to make decisions on their behalf during the year.
In Annual Meeting, you can ask pātai about Pūrongo ā tau. The process for asking pātai follows the standing orders for the meeting.
Ask pātai about Pūrongo ā tau
As Hui-ā-Tau is held virtually this year, we would like to invite you to ask pātai about Pūrongo ā tau in advance of the meeting. Use the button below to ask a question.
National Executive and Te Reo Areare members will answer your pātai and post them on this page. If your pātai is tricky or it's better to chat, a National Executive or Te Reo Areare member will give you a call. We'll still post your pātai and the outcome to this page.
You're also able to ask pātai on the report during Hui-ā-Tau. The process for asking pātai follows the standing orders for the meeting.
Annual Conference 2021
Annual Conference 2021 will return to the Rotorua Energy Events Centre, running from Sunday 3 October to Wednesday 6 October.