The National Executive for 2021 and 2022 are elected at Annual Meeting.
The National Executive elections will be held electronically during the meeting.
Nominations for National Officers 2021 - 2022
The National Executive for 2021 and 2022 are elected at Annual Conference. Nominations close Sunday 19th July 2020.
The election process of the National Executive is set out in Section 26 of the Rules of the New Zealand Educational Institute Te Riu Roa Incorporated as amended by the Institute’s Annual Meeting – 29th September 2019 (pdf, 0.5mb).
Elections from among the nominated candidates will be held at the Institute’s annual meeting.
The order of elections is:
- The National President
- The Senior Executive Member, where applicable (see section 25.4)
- The National Vice-President
- early childhood sector, primary teaching sector, Support Staff sector and
school principal representatives
- general membership representatives
In any ballot for the election of the National Executive & National Officers:
- where the ballot is for a single position, the highest polling candidate will be elected
- where the ballot is for the general membership positions, the highest polling candidates will be elected
- in the event of a tie, the National Secretary will draw a lot.
The election ballot will be taken of all those entitled to attend, speak and vote at annual and special meetings (see section 52.1). The National President will appoint the scrutineers for the ballot. Each candidate is also entitled to appoint a scrutineer.