Nominations for National Officers 2021 - 2022
Election of National Officers
Any full or provisional member is eligible for election as an officer of the Institute.
National Executive Membership (Refer: Section 21 of the Rules)
The National Executive of the Institute comprises of:
- 1 National President
- 1 National Immediate Past-President or, where applicable, a Senior Executive Member
- 1 National Vice-President
- 3 Members of Te Reo Areare selected biennially in accordance with procedures established by Te Kahui Whetu
- 8 Other members of the Institute:
- 4 nominated from among the general membership
- 1 nominated from among the early childhood sector
- 1 nominated from among the primary teaching sector
- 1 nominated from among the support staff sector
- 1 nominated from among the school principals
The total number on the National Executive is 14. All elections are conducted for these positions are on a simple majority basis.
Nominations for National President, National Vice-President and an additional eight National Executive members shall be made on the Fifth Schedule to the rules.
Nominations for all other members, except Te Kahui Whetu, to be by members from the sector and shall be clearly marked either:
- General Membership Ballot
- Early Childhood Sector Ballot
- Primary Teaching Sector Ballot
- Support Staff Sector Ballot
- School Principals' Ballot
Nominations must be received no later than ten weeks before the first day of Annual Meeting (Sunday 19 July 2020).
Nominations can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the Fifth Schedule allows for both branches and individuals to nominate national officers. The National Executive have adopted Leadership Attributes and a Role definition, nominees and candidates should give consideration to these as part of the nomination process.
Support for candidates
There will be a number of opportunities offered for candidates to connect with representatives and observers attending Annual Meeting - Hui a Tau. More details will be shared with candidates once their nomination has been received.